It is mainly used for freight/cargo operations, but also serves more than 23 destinations for passengers (mainly charters). Liège is located in the centre of the golden triangle Paris – Amsterdam – Frankfurt that handles 66% of European freight, and 75% when taken together with London. In 2014 it was the eighth-biggest cargo airport in Europe. Liège Airport is the biggest cargo airport in Belgium, and the third-biggest for passengers after Brussels Airport and Brussels South Charleroi Airport.[ It is the global hub of ASL Airlines Belgium (the former TNT Airways), the European hub of Allied Air, Astral Aviation, CAL Cargo Air Lines, El Al Cargo, Ethiopian Cargo, and Icelandair Cargo, and a key European cargo hub for ABX Air, AirBridge Cargo, Bluebird Cargo, Emirates, i-Fly and Ukraine International Airlines.
Scenery by NAPS (Freddy de Pues)
- Custom buildings and objects made in SketchUp with photorealistic textures, some by Belga (Marc Leydecker).
- HDR lighting support. Dynamic night effects with NAPS’ halo lights.
- Night and day versions of buildings with photographic textures, lights and smoke.
- Precision ATC traffic and flows based upon wind direction and aircraft categories.
- Service vehicles’ traffic carefully managed.
- X-Life activated for best realistic traffic and audio environment, you need the free plugin.
- Precision TWY & RWY markings.
No libraries required
What’s New in Version 2.1
Released June 4, 2018
Extended forest exclusion in the FlexPort area.