Requirements: XP11, OpenScenery, NAPS lib 6.4, Mister X, PP lib.
What’s new in 4.0?
Airport was recreated from scratch except for a few buildings.
St Petersburg, Florida, USA
- All new high standards NAPS airports, those announced by 5 stars or a flag of their State, come with a unique ZL21 tile downloaded through SAS Planet from ESRI (United States Geographical Survey) and tweaked in GIMP.
- All airports have at least one or two high poly custom buildings whose textures are based upon real photography.
- In addition, I use © 3rd generation HD hangars, buildings, all kind of assets, etc. by famous Marc Leydecker and all the 1500 objects I created myself, most of the time included in my NAPS library.
- You will find precision markings, TWY edges, road edges, apron edges, HD tarmacs, HD roads, tire skids, stains, … gazillions of objects.
- With the precision of ZL21, I am now inclined to create each and every object visible on the sat image, which means all real objects.
- These new standards create huge files, this is why I keep the older versions for members with slower computers.
- Optional: get your sat imagery from Zone Photo Florida . http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/Cartes.php
- I use Marginal’s autogate, nothing else.
- All airports have traffic routes for aircraft and very often, ground. My airports are made for X-Life but can be used with Laminar’s AI traffic or 3rd party traffic plugins. I didn’t create static aircraft in traffic zones.
– Always insert the whole library download in Custom Scenery, not a subfolder.
– Always get the latest library version.
Albert Whitted Airport (“Airport”) is owned and operated by the City of St. Petersburg. The Airport provides convenient access by air to the city’s downtown waterfront, business district and urban communities. The Federal Aviation Administration (“FAA”) classifies the Airport as a “Regional”, general aviation airport within the National Airspace System. The Airport is located just blocks away from hotels, restaurants, museums, shopping and more. The 110-acre facility handles approximately *89,000 general aviation aircraft operations annually and is the home base to an estimated 185 aircraft. The airport has a total economic impact of over $52 million based on the latest study completed by the Florida DOT (click here to see the 2014 Economic Impact Study ). The Airport provides various aviation services including aircraft fueling, aircraft storage and parking, flight training, aircraft charter and rentals, aircraft and helicopter maintenance, aircraft detailing, avionics, pilot supplies, banner towing, and sightseeing tours. For a full listing of businesses based on the airport, please see the Airport Business Directory. Besides commercial and private general aviation, many important organizations also utilize the Airport for aviation support functions of their life-saving missions. These include the Civil Air Patrol, Bayflight Medavac and various organ transplant flying services such as Care Flight. To view a current profile on the Airport, please click on the following link: Airport Profile .
The Airport was selected as the 2009 Florida General Aviation Airport of the Year by the Florida DOT.