Two versions are available
- PHKO KONA International 6.0 DOWNLOAD 800MB/114MB/54FPS
- PHKO KONA International 5.2 DOWNLOAD 16MB/7MB/
High density version 6 is so precise and cristal clear I had to put each taxi edge one by one on the exact spot visible on the grass or shoulder.
(Hawaiian sat images even in ZL21 are not as good as US continental ones.)
Light version 5 has no sat imagery.
Satellite imagery courtesy USGS / United States Geographical Survey
6.0 requires MisterX, NAPS 6.5, OpenScenery, PP lib, Autogate.
5.2 requires NAPS, OpenScenery, Autogate.
What’s new in 6.0?
- NAPS new outstanding standards & features airport
- X-Life verified airport
- New ZL21 tile with feathered edges.
- Complete redraw of apt.dat
- TWY edges, TWY edge lights in exact right spot.
- RWY numbers markings.
- New buildings.
- New trees from NAPS lib.
- New fences placement.
- Detailed ground markings
- Gazillions of details, etc.
Kona International Airport at Keāhole (IATA: KOA, ICAO: PHKO, FAA LID: KOA) is on the Island of Hawaiʻi, in Kalaoa CDP, Hawaiʻi County, Hawaiʻi, United States. The airport serves Leeward, or Western Hawaiʻi island, including the town of Kailua-Kona and the resorts of the North Kona and South Kohala districts.
Features of the newest version
- All new high standards NAPS airports, those announced by 5 stars or a flag of their State, come with a unique ZL21 tile downloaded through SAS Planet from ESRI (United States Geographical Survey) and tweaked in GIMP.
- All airports have at least one or two high poly custom buildings whose textures are based upon real photography.
- In addition, I use © 3rd generation HD hangars, buildings, all kind of assets, etc. by famous Marc Leydecker and all the 1500 objects I created myself, most of the time included in my NAPS library.
- You will find precision markings, TWY edges, road edges, apron edges, HD tarmacs, HD roads, tire skids, stains, … gazillions of objects.
- With the precision of ZL21, I am now inclined to create each and every object visible on the sat image, which means all real objects.
- These new standards create huge files, this is why I keep the older versions for members with slower computers.
- I use Marginal’s autogate, nothing else.
- All airports have traffic routes for aircraft and very often, ground. My airports are made for X-Life but can be used with Laminar’s AI traffic or 3rd party traffic plugins. I didn’t create static aircraft in traffic zones.
If you do not already have the libraries used in this package, you may find download links in the Master Library List
What was new in 5.0?
- New from scratch.
- XP11 validated with new aircraft ATC and service vehicles traffic.
- 19 custom buildings, precision markings with WED-omaker.
- No static aircraft in heavies’ gates.
- Kona uses NAPS usual HD standards
Version 6 screenshots
Version 5 screenshots